Let Me Find Out!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm a Movement By Myself...

But I'ma force when I got it together. :)

I joined the YMCA today and can't wait to wake up early and go workout! I know it sounds odd... but yeah, that's what it is... I hate New Year's Resolutions... I rarely keep them. So I didn't make any for 2009... but I feel ... different now. Like a plan of action and I are really ready to work together for the first time again since 2006... (OK, that might be a stretch... but you get me.)

List suggestions borrowed from an old Amazon email I got at the beginning of the year...
1 Lose Weight
Lose Weight

I really want to lose some weight/inches and tone up this young stocky frame of mine. To make this happen, I have to seriously take into consideration that there will be work involved. I don't have to be completely pristine in everything I do just yet, but I do need to get the ball rolling. If I am constantly working out, eating healthier, smaller portions will surely come. I am one of those "don't want to ruin my hard work" folks... hence morning workouts despite the fact that I am not a morning person.

2 Get Your Finances in Order
Get Finances in Order
My debt has grown substantially since I returned to Chicago. While it sucks big time, I am glad to have a budget ready for it. It's gonna take some meticulous planning and patience, but I'll get it done.

3 Go Greener
Go Greener
Bought a bike, ride it places I would normally drive. Walk to places where I would normally drive. Reusable grocery bags. 60% organic foods making up my diet... think I'm good here.

4 Curb Your Vices
Curb Your Vices
*sigh* OK, so I don't have a drinking problem. No, really, I don't. I stopped for a whole nine months when pregnant, but I could go to trim down some of the alcoholic beverage consumption.

I also overeat like a mofo. I eat things I shouldn't and feel like crap afterwards. I need to accept that I use food as a vice. When I am happy, I eat, when I am sad, I eat... when I am hormonal, I eat. You dig?

5 Get in Shape
Get in Shape
Directly correlated with number one... yet people rarely understand that. You can be the skinniest, smallest person in the world and still be extremely out of shape. Getting well is a 360 degree process of determination. We must shed, tone AND build our endurance. I will... This will need cardio and strength training and good food fuel.

6 Relax More
Relax More
This is so much easier than done. But I am working on it... I am in the process of putting together my meditation corner and closet sketches to get that project underway to have a quiet corner to enjoy a girly movie, soak my feet (I need to get a new one of them joints in the picture), listen to some jazz, study, meditate while burning candles... real hip stuff... I'ma take pictures. It's gone be awesome.

7 Pursue a New Career
Pursue a New Career
You guys already know my job situation and hell, the job situation of something like 58% of our population? Or has it grown? So I have begun to really, really focus on getting my business(es) off the ground. I realize I am often all over the place, but the last month has been pretty forward progress. The way I feel, marketing or fitness, the sky is the limit.. I just need to get my drive in order and control this laze. I hate to use being a mom as an excuse, so even though I have become seriously engulfed in my child, it's up to me to not let Momhood consume me. My schedule IS crazy, but hey, he is the reason why I HAVE to get it together... And sooner rather than later. Hell, he's expensive. So even though the economy's kickin butt and taking names right now, I am thankful I have some marketable skills to get me through the summer. Reently I've been sought out for three contract jobs... all of which I accepted and I am also FINALLY studying... for real this time! :) "Scared (money) don't make no money!"

8 Upgrade Your Technology
Upgrade Your Technology
Um, well new technology costs money and I just cut up my credit cards, so if I can't buy it outright I can't get it. BUT I do have a wonderful year-old MacBook Pro, just got an iPod Touch for Mom Day, I bought a 42" TV for Christmas and my 37" just made it back into the house and Rj's 27" is still ticking... electronics and appliances are all up to date and code. I could use a new cordless telephone... lil ol Panasonic is at LEAST a decade old but she holds on anyhow... trust me, buying quality electronics is worth the extra money... The Sun has brought down that big Panasonic TV twice and it's still holding on at five years old.

9 Organize and Optimize
Organize and Optimize
The workout closet was my first project... now that that is complete, I must move on to the clothes closet (my house while fabulous has terrible closet space) and then I still really need to get my desk in order too... I haven't really went through the papers and things like I should. Though I did do a lot of damage at spring cleaning...

10 Start a New Hobby
Start a New Hobby
Um, still working on this one since crocheting went to shit... lol Sewing maybe? It's sexy to make your own shit... or so I hear. hahaha!!

No comments: