Let Me Find Out!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Moods Change... People .... don't.

I expected sentimental days like this... playing summa my faves and wanted to share. Mostly, I was wondering while sipping the last of my vodka. (Svedka is not what's up, but it's now all gone... wasn't nothing but a swallow, stop gawking talkin bout, "B-but RBG... your diet!") The Sun shined way too brightly today... I was bout to leave him wid my mama... so I am kinda ehh, how would RBG say... in monotone today. No vibrant color like yellow... perhaps maroon.

Why'd you have to go crazy, Lauryn? Come back...



You and Maxwell... I hope his come back is not as equally crazy and peculiar...


Come back...

Just proves sometimes returning prematurely hurts more than helps. We'll be here when you're ready.... I cried lots to both of these songs... a different era of RBG. I've evolved so much since then, but I am still the same cry baby. The same chick that thinks Cosby Show and Love Jones and Love & Basketball endings happen in real life. The same loud talker. Same stubborn know-it-all. Same humble when I know I should be. (I have grown way more confident... a welcomed change from my teenage years... though ppl still thought I was beautiful. I digress... another blog. Another time.) I am the same sensitive, romantic girl who looks for her own version of perfection. Knows she deserves it. Wondering why things can never just be the way we see... "I know I'm imperfect and not without sin, but now that I'm older, all childish things end..."

... I'm smarter... wiser... but I have not changed. I was the same at 19. OK, I mighta been a TAD rowdier. I mighta busted anonymous folks in the mouf first, asked questions later... I mighta. But the core of me... is still RBG.

I should have been at an important event tonight. Instead, I'm sippin real slow, massaging my scalp.... listening to Neo-Soul songs on repeat. Waiting for the sun to set... so I can be ease.

Author's Edited to Add Note:At the end of "Tell Him," Lauryn says, "it'll be alright Z... it'll be alright Z!" I believe you, Lauryn. I believe you.

No comments: