Let Me Find Out!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weekend of Clarity and Closure

So, I had a damn near perfect weekend spending time wid my sun and nephew, while celebrating my homegirl's son's 6th bornday, in The Sunshine State. We had a great, fun time. A child trip definitely tires you out, but overall I really appreciated the time away... the palm trees, the sunshine, the newness of it all (I hadn't been to Florida in 20 years) and just seeing excitement and happiness in my children's faces because neither of them had ever been. It's definitely something I could see my family (as large as we are) doing in the future. We will definitely need a larger van though... so we can all ride together and therefore pay less money for tolls, gas, parking, enjoy the ride together etc. And if that means driving around in one of those ugly church vans so be it! lol Though I did see a black one while we were there that was uber sexy... somehow. I meditated/prayed every morning, took a dip in the pool, enjoyed a couple Red Stripes and some good pinot and dry red. I ate well, met Spiderman, sat in the sun... thought.

clo⋅sure

[kloh-zher] noun, verb, -sured, -sur⋅ing. –noun
  1. the act of closing; the state of being closed.
  2. a bringing to an end; conclusion.
  3. In Psychology, the tendency to see an entire figure even though the picture of it is incomplete, based primarily of the viewer's past experience.

clar⋅i⋅ty

[klar-i-tee] –noun
  1. clearness or lucidity as to perception or understanding; freedom from indistinctness or ambiguity.
  2. the state or quality of being clear or transparent to the eye; pullucidity: the clarity of pure water.
I am going to need both clarity and closure after my thoughts and conclusions. Some things I am very clear about, some things need a bit more understanding. By close of Sunday, however, I will know just how I am proceeding. I am not wasting any more energy and time on things I cannot change. I've been spending time wid the Creator in his sanctuary before the trip and will continue wid that. Continue to listen to and learn from the people he speaks to/through while still building my relationship to Him. I feel anew, refreshed and for the first time, even with soo much on my mind, I feel like me again. In the midst of confusion and trying to right wrongs and make sense... not sad, not crying, not angry, not depressed, not crazed, not insecure, not anything... just me. And it feels so good to have her back.

No comments: