Let Me Find Out!

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What is Sexy, exactly?

I ask because I'm curious.

I just took the longest shower in the history of man, and for the first time, put on my Kimono. Authentically from Japan.. and it feels lovely on my skin. And it made me wonder what makes a person... sexy.

When I was 38 weeks pregnant... I felt beautiful and sexy. But my mate refused to touch me. Even though he told me then it was just the oddness of our son growing in my womb, I wondered how he could deny me for so long. I didn't gain that much weight and I stayed far away from the pregnancy Mu-Mus. I'd hear from several people how "wonderful" and "fabulous" and "sexy" I looked pregnant, but the one person I needed to feel all those things wasn't feeling me.

Now, he did complement me when I dressed for a special outing, telling me how nice I looked... I'd read about this horror story in several pregnancy books and websites, where Dad just wigs out and doesn't have an urge to be as sexual in the later stages of pregnancy. That helped some. But my pregnancy sexual appetite was off the charts. I have never thought myself sexy by "industry standards." You know, lighter skin or perfect black, long silky hair draping an ass the size of stallions.. but as I grew my confidence grew and now, I feel beautiful and sexy inside out. My butt may not be the largest, but it's mine. My skin tone, various shades of beautiful brown, my hair, huge soft black cotton, wide almond eyes and full lips.

I bring this all up because I still felt this way 22 pounds heavier and a huge round belly toting an infant. And my friend who is now pregnant feels she looks horrid. I want to make her see the beauty in herself first, and then realize that the blessing to grow a child only makes her sexier... more beautiful.. and the fact that her child's father doesn't want to touch her means NOTHING, but only that he's missing some of the best sex ever. Moist, warm... tender. She's not even 38 weeks yet and her mate isn't having it. I feel for her. Even more so than I felt for me.

I told her not to let his foolishness get to her. Told her that she still has to get up, shower, put on her sexiest undies and nice maternity wear and STRUT it. It's the only way to stay sane on a nine-month emotional roller coaster.

Some days, even though the books said I shouldn't take it personally... I did. It would sometimes affect the old self esteem. I mean, I was cute! I don't want her self-esteem to take a blow, so I'm giving my best advice along with a hug and a smile.

I wonder how many men stopped loving their women while pregnant and what the reason was for the cease... and how often it was that they could POSSIBLY not see the mother of their child as the sexiest bitch alive.

No comments: