Let Me Find Out!

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Stepping Out on Faith

It's weird being back in the Blogsphere.

Afterall, I stepped away to clear my mind, but had absolutely no intention on coming back. It's strange how I can come back a different person, yet so similar.

Since leaving I have realized a great many things and have grown so much. I am truly happy. Not that I wasn't before... I was. But it was a different kind of happy, you know?

Before.. I was single and ready to mingle.
Now... I am taken and in love.
Before... I lived in Michigan.
Now... I live in Illinois. (*sigh* Midwest forever!)
Before... I had no children.
Now... I have a beautiful sun.

Things are so different, yet better than ever. I had an easy-go-lucky pregnancy physically, but it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster mentally. But I made it. I've been praying lots.. seriously considering a religion, and even my feelings about the constitution of marriage have skewed... well, slightly.

But wouldn't you know it, I still don't take no shit. I still loves me some shoes and handbags.. I still got stories for days and most of all:

I'm still Real. I'm still Black. I'm still real black Girl.

Did ya miss me?

No comments: