Let Me Find Out!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kuumba


I always consider myself an out of the box thinker... I like my creative side. I've even created cyber aliases that depict me as Kuumba (creativity). I like doing different and creative things making people know that I am one of a kind. I take time to invest myself in projects (care packages, thank you cards, letters, poems, spoken word etc.) but I have not been putting as much time into it as I should.

I just sent a good friend of mine a package overseas... I think he will like it. I hope so... I put a lot of thought into it.

In the spirit of Kuumba (using creativity to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it), I will rededicate myself to my crafts. Resurrecting my blog was a big step. It's more than bringing beautiful children in this world... especially if you can't afford them and/or don't plan to raise them right... it's about planting the SEEDS that will grow into beautiful doctors, lawyers, scientists, (wo)men of God, architects and neighbors.

As for me, I pledge to represent self from this day forward as a woman of God, a sister of community service, a lady of soul, a provider and believer of family values and someone worthy of all blessings and wonderful things that life has to offer. I pledge to let my true spirit shine and live in the moments of light. Because I AM a woman worthy of all the respect and love and partnership that a black man can give me... when I am ready to receive it. I have right to do things in my own time... make sure I am making well thought-out decisions.

A wise man once told me: "In order to be of service and do all of the things you do for your immediate and extended family as well as yourself, one must have the eye and mind to expound on simple ideas in order to make them much greater. In order to have the flavor, soul and style that you have, you gotta have a rhythmic and original process of thought. You exemplify all that is sexy, flavorful and uniquely and undeniably Afrocentric."

SO that is how I will pledge Kuumba. By simply being who I am, no one else. Not tryin to please others by making decisions not my own. I can't be rushed. I can't be provoked. I can't be intimidated. Instead, I make use of my creative energies to build and maintain a strong and vibrant family and hopefully community of people around me who respect my decision making, my strength and me, 360..

I am glad I am me... and no one else.

No comments: