Let Me Find Out!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Round Draft Pick

I was talkin to a new acquaintance and possibly future business associate and he was telling me he had been married several times and now on his current wife he had something he didn't have with one through three: the fact in knowing she had not been married before and that he was her first choice. When all his other wives had been married before.

I think about this now after being the recent drive-by of a "not for you" message. You ever gotten one of those? I am sure you have. Where you were chatting / texting / emailing wid someone and they send you a message meant for someone else. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes sad, sometimes unusual and senseless and sometimesthey hurt your feelings.

Ever heard the song "Your Letter" by 112? (Aw, I miss 112.) The song is all about finding a letter his lover wrote and all the sweet shit his girl was saying to him and after clever repartee and beautiful hooks and stuff it turns out that letter ain't talkin bout him worth a damn!

I need to preface this next statement by saying I'm really not an arrogant person... a little confident at times, sure, but arrogant by no means. I consider myself a first-round draft pick. But when I think about the men I loved most in this world, there's a pattern: a previous wife, an inability to let go of the past and put me first.

I could go on into a big, jumbled negative ramble about countless examples, but I will simply say: I am done taking shorts in 2009. Draft me first or regret it after you see what I do my rookie year and the rest of my pro career.

No comments: