Let Me Find Out!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Founder's Day, Dearest & Sincerest


"Allll of my love and peace and happiness... I'm gonna give it to ZETA!"

I truly love my Z-Phi! It was a long and hard road to obtain you, but once I had you, I swore I would never lose you. And I haven't. I will never misplace or displace you because you helped me seal in my security, cement my identity, and give me that extra push to remember that nothing, absolutely nothing, is impossible... unless you give up on it.

I sought you out and knew I could love you in 1999... at a tender 19, I met N. Calhoun in my T/TH literature class. She would walk in so cool... like nothing else mattered. And I would watch her, "girl crushing" all the way to her seat everyday until the day she walked in with those beautiful three letters brazened across her chest. Z Φ B....

Was it coincidence that after studying the history of all four sororal organizations in the Divine 9 that I decided I wanted to pledge Zeta that she walked in with that crispy Blu sweater? Couldn't be. After I had been to each informational and/or after having a discussion with a lady that represented each particular organization well on campus...

Then a cold day of that same semester, my Jah sister called with great news from Virginia... "I just crossed sands... into Zeta Land!".... OK, Jah, I will take heed.

The road is looong, searching for Phi Beta... the road is tough, to Zeta Land.

Filled wid every emotion I can think of ... and drama surely (I mean even a small group of females comes with drama, so what you think an organization of 'em can do?! lol) but through it all, the race was not given to the quick and the strong but the tried and true Soror, who endures to the end.

To my Dean Strictly Business: Thank you for looking me in my eyes and saying: "This will not be easy... you will sweat, you will cry... but when all is said and done... you will thank me and garner respect from every Zeta you meet." I now know, whole heartedly what you meant... you're the greatest Life Member I know... you bleed blue, cry white and exemplify Finer Womanhood in everything you do.

To my AD Paranoia (and eventually my Pers): You saved my line. I know I joke about it with you all the time. But the crossing gift we presented you... a lifesaver is so sincere. You taught us things in set that helped us endure... when we would have failed so miserably when we went in front of the... others. You represent everything conscious and real to me. A real finer woman, who I am thankful to have SO MUCH in common with that we often think the same thoughts. Thanks for teaching us how to make set... less painful lol and being a true friend and sister to me!

To My Sands... we been through some ups and downs, but in the end you are my tail for life... my back... my Sands. And I know if Jah is willing one day we'll be sitting Indian style in my front room again, rehashing old stories, crying over lost time and smiling at what we accomplished five years ago this April, a lifetime ago when we legacy your daughters.

I love each of you... even when we are very far away.

And to all the Sorors I've loved, cried with, disliked before... whether financial, life member, "renegade," getting your money right to reclaim or sick of the administration (Americans didn't leave the country cause they didn't like the president... you have to stick and maintain even in the time of adversity) I love you too much to ever leave your side. To US, today, tomorrow and everyday here after:

HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY! 89 YEARS AND STILL PURRRRRFECT!

No comments: