Let Me Find Out!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tell Me Baby, Can You Stand The Rain?


So, I got this "random 16" thing from a Frat Brother of mine on Facebook that I still have yet to do. I love things like that, email surveys and the like, but because the random things about you always take so long, I just haven't found a minute in my day to do so, but I will. In the meantime, a friend of mine and I got into an email discussion about what we may not like about a possible significant other. Like, when you know you're very compatible with someone but you haven't had time to figure out what you might not like about the person. Or haven't had the opportunity: say if you're in a long distance relationship and only get to see that person in his/her regular form for small amounts of time a month/year versus 24/7 In-yo-face action.

So then, my mind, as crazy and random as she is said, "well, what if I joined those two things together? That could be an interesting blog post." So here it is! lol

13 Random Things About How I am In Relationships. Take it or Leave It:
  1. Prior to being in a relationship (exclusively) I still only sleep with one man at a time. I have always done this except ONCE in my life and I felt icky afterwards, I'll never do it again. I would like to be the only person he is sleeping with as well, and if I'm not, I need to know.
  2. I have no problem initiating sex, but I can't always be the one to do so... everyone loves to feel wanted and when I am in a couple (hell, in life) I need to feel like the sexiest bitch in the world... how can I if my man doesn't tell me and pounce on me often?
  3. I think it's sexy when a man cries, shows emotion but not be a cry baby. The sexiest thing is when he has the delicate balance of both man and sensitive. To the same effect, if I have to fight his emotions out of him, it's not going to work in the long run.
  4. I think the top three things that make up a good relationship are a healthy sexual appetite, trust & honesty, and compromise. In that order. All others can be worked out.
  5. It's just as hard for me (women) to be faithful, if we set on the course for exclusivity, monogamous is necessary (it's too scary out there not to be). We will have to do a lot to keep things fresh so that we never wonder what's going on outside our bed/hearts.
  6. I loathe routine. While I do understand it's necessary in life, I try to keep it out of my relationship unless it has something to do with making the relationship cool and awesome (i.e., date night, shared chores, making his lunch) but I rather keep things fresh say with random "I love you, guess what I'm gonna do to you later" notes in his lunchbox or a note on our bathroom mirror just telling him how great he is to me, getting random "just because" bouquets to my job etc.)
  7. There will always be outside influences in a relationship... an ex, random stranger who is too chatty when you have a girls/guys night out... it's important to remember the source. Have fun, but don't be inappropriate and definitely DON'T bring it home. (I will gladly explain this in detail to whomever does not understand if you still don't understand after #8. In the same breath, if you are a man and don't understand, you prolly never will lol)
  8. I often gauge my activity on what I do/say on how I think that person would react and how I would feel if he did it to me. If I know I would be PISSED if he engaged in this kinda activity, I avoid it. I expect the same in return.
  9. I love kissing... passionately. Be prepared to kiss a lot... in bed, during sex, to say good bye, to say hello... yep, kissing is the shit. I love it so much that it would be fair to say I reserve kissing only for someone I am serious about.
  10. I am not really a morning person... it takes me a lil minute to get awake and lively. Do not take it personally.
  11. I am a very free spirit and I like to do a lot of "odd" things like go to the park and ride a bike, go rollerskating, have a picnic, go to festivals, eat/cook different foods (DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT DATE/MARRY ME IF YOU ONLY LIKE TO EAT FRIED CHICKEN, STEAK AND POTATOES... WE WILL NOT WORK OUT), go to poetry nights, museums and the like. You won't know if you like these things unless you go with me, eat the food.
  12. I am quite the guy, I totally believe in football Sundays, hosting fight and Super Bowl parties and watching ESPN with a beer... I'm not a fan of baseball but I am open to doing the things you like without complaint. You should be willing to do the same for me. For things I like to do, see #11. In the same breath, I understand men need MEN TIME... and I don't expect to go with or sit up under you every time you do these things, unless you want me to. It's not your fault I am a beautiful tomboy.
  13. I just figured out life is NOT like the movies (especially not Tyler Perry's) OR The Cosby Show... there will be sometimes where I will need to be reminded, just do it gently and in a way where I won't cuss you out.
I'm sure there are more... but there's lucky 13.

Have you laid out your blue print?

No comments: