Let Me Find Out!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Play Your Position

Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
~ Colin Powell




I am confident in myself that I don't ever feel the need to backlash the next woman for the insecurities the man she now frequents left on my skin. I have never been a fight for my man kinda female. I think, if the slightest attention from another girl can spawn his disloyalty he wasn't meant worth having... i.e., if it's that easy to take you you weren't mine anyway.

I've noticed that the devil gets busy when he knows you're happy. But I know he's a liar and a hypocrite and a bored loser. Always seeking out to ruin your chi, interrupt your solace and make your peace ineffective. I've armed myself to understand this is how he operates and have built up my defenses. I am happy. And no weapons formed against me shall prosper in ruining that.

Because my happiness is based on a plethora of things, the devil thinkin that he can step in and attack one thing and thereby mess up my world is highly motherfucking improbable. I don't ever intentionally disrespect anyone... never have, never will. It's just not my role in this life. My mother and father raised me as a lady of distinction. I've had a handful of fist fights (all which I've won thanks to my hidden muscular build and stocky frame and love for studying the sweet science) in my life and only then because I really had no choice when Baby was backed into a corner (and nobody backs baby into a corner).

In my wise age, I find it easier to peace myself wid those around me and take a mellow approach to haters, evil doers and just negativity as a whole. Tis how I got to a better place wid my father's family, my sun's father and ultimately the world itself. There will always be haters; I've accepted and move past that... but how haters affect you is a totally different subject. I refuse to let them penetrate me. At all. For if we all played our position, we would never be bewildered of where we stand... thereby keeping confusion at a minimum... tempers low and meditation on life and understanding of self, very, very high. Know who you are before speaking out of turn... more importantly, know who I am.

Onward and upward, forward progression.

Yes.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Good post pers! The enemy has been a busy mess lately. That is why you must get your spiritual warfare on and you are doing just that by posting this blog. *snap snap*

~*~RBG~*~ said...

Thanks Pers... I try to stay on a higher plane, but people don't appreciate that. I just needed it to be known and placed out into the universe.