Let Me Find Out!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Priority Male

Do people still think the grass is greener elsewhere? Like do people really still drop a relationship/situation on it's head because of the hope and thought that someone else will better deal with their crap, screw them better, cook everyday, clean, sing in the shower, whatever?

I ask because I don't... anymore. But often times in the past have wondered if I sometimes should. I've been known to stick to people and jobs for much longer than I probably should have and ended up getting burned in the end and by burned I mean heartbroken or fired. I often think too much about... well, everything. This is what makes me a (partially good and mildly entertaining) writer, because I've always got something on my mind, and sometimes when the mood hits me I will put that thought to paper... today's thought: people and their priorities.

Now that I've entered my third decade of life, my focus has shifted a lot. I find great joy most of the time in doing nothing but spending time with my family doing the simple things. Lately though, I've felt the Boot of Boredom on my neck... I look to do things outside of the house and find the desire of certain people to do those things with me is lacking. Is it because I'm a mom and people can see me as nothing else? Did people forget how much fun I can be when I disrobe from my Mom garb and just be RBG? What's really so fascinating about being in the house anyway? Trust me, I've spent goo gobs of time in here and unless you're feet to Jesus, tipsy and watching a good fight or game, or cuddled watching a movie -- not just watching a movie, the cuddle is what makes it nice -- it's really not that awesome... and frankly, I'm sick of it.

You'd hope as you age, others age. As you grow, others grow... but when you think about it, we're all really still the little kid inside. We handle our business and take care of our responsibilities because we were raised right, but truth is, we would really rather be without said responsibilities... and when you get right down to it, we just want to do whatever we want to do. But when you have a family, you can't... well you can't IF you're a good, responsible person.

Where do your priorities fall? What and WHO is really important to you now? How important is it to you to keep it?? .... what would you do to keep it, if one day it was all snatched from you?

This post is all over the place... but so is my mind right now...

Happy Saturday....

No comments: