Let Me Find Out!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Umoja


I pledge to Jah... to be a better person, inside and out. To begin to treat my body as the temple you designed it to be. I pledge to discuss my spirituality in a safe and guarded place. I pledge to pray daily, palms up to you and know your omnipotent power. I plan to love those closest to me as you love your children.

I pledge to The Sun, to be more understanding of your learning process and be patient with you as you grow to be the man your father couldn't be. I promise to instill the respect of Queens in you and show you that life IS sunflowers and rain dances. I pledge that you will be an extraordinary, strong individual with two parents, two homes and more than 10 hearts who love you so much, they'd LIVE and LOVE for you, or die trying.

I pledge to my future King all the respect and actions befitting a Queen. to a union that houses life and gives birth to our foundation to put Jah first and know that He is most high and head of household.

This symbolic day is to be used to pledge unity and love to our families, friends, communities and loved ones. So I pledge my unity to you, my secret king. I pray that our union, hidden in all it's glory, grows leaps and bounds through time and inspires our children to to cultivate bonds rich in blackness, wisdom, understanding, equality and freedom under the watchful eyes of our Creator.

In the spirit of Umoja, the first day of Kwanzaa, I prepare to unify Self so that I can be all I am required to be of the Man and people who need me most to be loyal, honest and trustworthy... strong daily, vulnerable when necessary, and spiritually ME all day long.

No comments: